Details of Service
This is a core serviced for Luton Schools who will receive it free at point of delivery. Academies and other local authorities will need to purchase the service.
• Additional personalised advice and support for individual staff, including classroom observations and individual staff mentoring.
• Smooth Transitions for young people between schools and alternative provisions, including interviews, personalised learning plans and assistance with setting up placements.
• Provide a direct link between schools, Providers and the LA in order to identify appropriate provision.
• Advice on access to alternative provisions.
• Bespoke additional support for Initial teacher training and Induction for NQTs, TAs, MDS and Governors.
• Bespoke Training – Whole school / Neighbourhoods / Whole Borough from 1 hour sessions to ½ or full day sessions or as required.
• Provision of improved access for pupils with SEN/SEBD in mainstream schools, including successful, safe transition. Effective policies planning and processes around SEBD.
• Improved ability of schools to manage challenging behaviours through standard training, which includes On Line training for the Behaviour Module from “Onlineinset” and the development of Nurture Groups.
• Accredited training – provision of qualified trainers for the LAs recommended positive handling qualification – Team Teach; the National Programme for Specialist Leaders of Behaviour and Attendance.
• Specialist support – including Circle of Friends, Peer Mediation, Restorative Justice, CHUMS support.
• School support for SEN procedures including Behaviour and Anti Bullying policies, Exclusion procedure, including attendance at DCHs and LA representative. IEP, Pastoral Support Plan, Risk Assessment and Handling Plans.
• Advice for schools, parents and outside agencies through immediate ‘phone contact, surgeries, and work discussion groups.
For more information about this service, please click herePrint this page